The Southern California Uilleann Pipers Club invites you to join us for the continuation of our PIPER SUNDAY Zoom Seminar series, helping to support working musicians in a time of Covid, featuring online discussion with guest speakers about Irish piping and music. A hearty Thank You! to Patrick Hutchinson for being our previous guest. For our next event we are delighted to have Will Woodson joining us from Portland, Maine, USA.
A hour or more before the event, restart your wifi and computer.
If you are using a wireless mouse and keyboard check the battery level ahead of time.
Test speakers and microphone in Zoom.
VERY IMPORTANT: Guest Settings:
Desktop & Laptop
• Go to Zoom Preferences
• Audio settings
• "Suppress Background Noise" LOW
• Audio/Advanced settings
• Turn ON "Show in-meeting option to "Enable Original Sound" from microphone. (On some laptops an echo can be heard. If you experience this either, use headphones or, turn OFF when speaking and ON when playing.)
• Turn ON "High Fidelity Music Mode"
Phone or iPad App
• Open App
• Before joining meeting go to...
• Click on Zoom settings cog in top left of the screen
• Select Meeting
• Turn ON "Use Original Sound"
Attendees are muted by default. To speak, press and hold the spacebar to be heard. Or press the microphone button in the bottom left corner of your phone or computer screen, and ask your question. Remember to re-mute please, to help avoid unwanted noise.
If you want to be seen in your best light, set yourself up facing a window or have a decent light source you can point at yourself.
Use "Gallery View" to see everyone in the meeting. Use "Speaker View" to see who is talking at the moment. To only see the guest "Pin" their screen so theirs is the larger screen and others align above or to the side.
Attendees, turn off your camera if you don't want to be included in the recorded video.
I think that's everything. If there's something I missed please let me know.