PIPER SUNDAY Zoom Seminar
Piper Sunday | So Cal Pipers Club from Patrick D'Arcy on Vimeo.
Make Your Live Event Donation Here...
The Southern California Uilleann Pipers Club invites you to join us for the continuation of our PIPER SUNDAY Zoom Seminar series, helping to support working musicians in a time of Covid, featuring online discussion with guest speakers about Irish piping and music. A hearty Thank You! to Jerry O'Sullivan for being our guest last week. For our next event we are delighted to have Seán Gavin joining us from Detroit, Michigan, USA.
Who: Seán Gavin
What: Piper Sunday Zoom Seminar with guest speaker.
When: Sunday, November 29th at 7pm (Irish Time) / 11am (PST) / 12noon (MST) / 1pm (CT) / 2pm (EST).
Why: Paypal Donation Link:
Please forward to friends and family that you think would be interested in the class. They don't have to be pipers or have pipes to attend.
Duration: 90 minutes
Cost: If you can, a Paypal suggested donation of $20 is appreciated, helping to support working musicians in a time of Covid. The donation can be made any time here: http://socalpipers.com/piper_sunday.html
Video: Each gathering will be recorded for rental at pipersunday.socalpipers.com
Jump into the conversation on Facebook...
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/SCUPC/events/
Facebook Group - Private Discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6907588377/
Facebook Page - Public Updates: https://www.facebook.com/SCUPC/
RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE DAY
Recommendations for Guest & Attendees:
- Check for Zoom update.
- A hour or more before the event, restart your wifi and computer.
- If you are using a wireless mouse and keyboard check the battery level ahead of time.
- Test speakers and microphone in Zoom.
- VERY IMPORTANT:
Desktop & Laptop
• Go to Zoom Preferences
• Audio settings
• "Suppress Background Noise" LOW
• Audio/Advanced settings
• Turn ON "Show in-meeting option to "Enable Original Sound" from microphone. (On some laptops an echo can be heard. If you experience this either, use headphones or, turn OFF when speaking and ON when playing.)
• Turn ON "High Fidelity Music Mode"
Phone or iPad App
• Open App
• Before joining meeting go to...
• Click on Zoom settings cog in top left of the screen
• Select Meeting
• Turn ON "Use Original Sound"
- Attendees are muted by default. To speak, press and hold the spacebar to be heard. Or press the microphone button in the bottom left corner of your phone or computer screen, and ask your question. Remember to re-mute please, to help avoid unwanted noise.
- If you want to be seen in your best light, set yourself up facing a window or have a decent light source you can point at yourself.
- Use "Gallery View" to see everyone in the meeting. Use "Speaker View" to see who is talking at the moment. To only see the guest "Pin" their screen so theirs is the larger screen and others align above or to the side.
- Attendees, turn off your camera if you don't want to be included in the recorded video.
- I think that's everything. If there's something I missed please let me know.
See you there!